HOME!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
July 2nd 2012
Published: July 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After the delay with our departure we had a smooth and uneventful flight between LAX and MEL.

It turned out that the biggest problem with the seats was not their proximity to the toilets, but the occupant of the seat in front of Bernie. It was occupied by one of those individuals who has to recline the seat fully the second that the seatbelt sign is extinguished. And, as if that wasn't enough, he spent most of the flight humping around trying to get comfortable. I, on the other hand, did not have anyone in front of me and had a reasonably comfortable flight.

I managed to sleep for a few hours and watched 'Salmon Fishing in the Yemen' and 'American Graffiti' in between. After breakfast had been served I watched two 20th Anniversary 'Absolutely Fabulous' specials. Bernie watched 'Man on a Ledge', 'John Carter' and a Swedish Film, 'Nobel's Last Will'.

We pretty much lost Sunday somewhere over the Pacific when we crossed the International Date Line and landed at Tullamarine at 9.00am on Monday morning. We were due in at 8.20am so had made up about half of the time lost on Saturday night during the flight which was good.

Kerry met us and we drove back to her place to meet Lilly, the two-year-old Greyhound that she adopted while we were away. We dropped Kerry at work and then finished the last leg of our journey home.

When we arrived, the dogs were bright eyed and bushy tailed and very happy to see us. The house sitter had done a good job with looking after the dogs, but his housekeeping standards were well below par. We were pretty shocked at how dirty our home was and spent the rest of the day cleaning. At least having all of that cleaning to do stopped us from succumbing to jet lag!!

Just six months to go until our next holiday! We are booked to fly to Istanbul on 4 January 2013 ... but who's counting??!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.498s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 30; qc: 123; dbt: 0.2632s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb