A Family Visit


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 27th 2008
Published: March 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Just got back three days ago form New Zealand, unpacked done washing and packed up again as Mum our daughter Vicky and nephew Andy are arriving today for 19 days,we have planned a hectic holiday so they can see as much as possible
Arriving at the airport-waiting for them was exciting could'nt wait to see them, we were all tearful but lets get cracking weve lots to see,first stop was to Neils cousin's house in Kilmore Steve and Lyn we got back about 9am to there house, Lyn cooked a John Wayne breakfast,lovely, we thought the family might like a sleep but no all unpacked had showers and we went into Melbourne,first we went to St kilda had lunch in Acklam street then off to Andy Flemington Racecourse we all had a walk round and drinks then off to the last night market of the queen victoria markets, we all enjoyed it there was a band on and some good craft stalls,Steve and Lyn met us there and we all had some food, Andy had a Croc burger, it was proper Crocodile, he liked it but a little snappy afterwards!
Next day we went in the country to Daylesford, weve been
AndyAndyAndy

getting snappy with his croc burger
before so we could show them round had a lunch then backto Steve and Lyn's for tea.
Friday we packed the car up and headed to Sydney-we stopped to show them the Ettamogah Pub enjoyed that, then the car would'nt start just like home form home, Mum looked and said nothing- at least we had the fifth emergency service with us now!.A nice Aussie helped us and we were on our way, got to the outskirts of Sydney by tea time, Mum got a message from my brother,Matilda Grace was born this morning so were all excited and happy singing waltzing matilda.We drove to Bondi Beach the next day the weather was great we dipped our feet in the sea when a wave came and soaked mum,we went back to the hotel and got ready to go into the city, it was the famous Mardi Gras parade we got the train into Sydney, not a good trip as there were a few idiots full of ale causing trouble, well we got there it was so packed but managed to get to the barriers and got some great photo's
Next day we went back to Sydney centre and caught a boat to Manley beach, they really enjoyed it there, we went in the sea and had a goos time.On our way round the city that night we noticed some barriers up near the cinema when we enquired who was arriving it was Catherine Zeta Jones we waited and caught a glimpse she looked amazing.
Next day up early for the flight to Cairns-its raining in Cairns but its still hot, our accomadtion is fantastic, the lakes resort,we hired a car and had a look around, we booked a barrier reef trip for the next day but it goes from port douglas.
Barrier Reef- the boat trip was quite rough our Vicky was looking a bit green and worried but once we got there it was fine, the boat company called Quicksilver have a pontoon out on the reef so you get out of the boat and stay on the platform for a couple of hours, you get a lovely buffet lunch and get a choice of diving or snorkling, we all went snorkling, it was great fun, the reef and fish were good to see, there was also a semi-submersable boat with glass bottom and sides so we had a trip on that aswell.We were all pleased we had done the trip, we got back to the nice apartment and Neil and Andy(neils commis chef) cooked a lovely BBQ for us all.We had a trip to the Casino first time for Vicky and Andy they loved it,Vicky had a spot of luck so we had a glass of champers on her.We played cards back at the apartment and enjoyed it.
We made use of the facilities on site and enjoyed a sauna and swimming, Vicky and Andy tried out the gym,after three nights here we were flying off to Brisbane
Sandcastles resort in Labrador- we booked in for four nights here, nice place on the sea front,the balcony had a hot spa in our apartment that was nice, the weather is good here.We hired car and went to Surfers paradise-a busy place with lots of beach-we all had a good time in the big waves, lost mum at one point under the water its quite strong the current Vicky and I held her Hand, Andy and Neil liked it rough so they a bit futher out.We bought some great fish so the two chef's cooked a nice BBQ for tea.
Next day we went up the mountains had a mum had a devonshire tea on route-we stopped at lots of nice waterfalls , we spotted a snake so Neil put his foot on its tail to check if it moved, it did, our Vicky was dancing about while I ran off, they got some photo's it was a carpet snake there partical to the odd cat or small dog if there's any about, A german woman nearby didn't understand and left her small dog running about so Neil picked it up.We stopped next at Bryon Bay this was nice we went to the lighthouse which is the most easterly point of Australia, we noticed a wedding party coming up fpr photos so Neil muscled his way in and got some pictures of the campervans and the wedding, He's so cheeky!next day we stayed around the beach and a spot of shopping then went out for tea.
Our last day we spent having a quick look around the centre of Brisbane but we all agreed we prefer the coast to the big cities.
Fight back to Sydney- we really want Andrew to do the Harbour bridge walk over the top but he's unsure we thought we could pay towards it for his 18th if Vicky does it he will. Vicky does not like heights.we did some shopping in the centre and went to Bondi beach again this time with swimsuits.We went back for a boat trip around the harbour and took lots of photo's they all enjoyed it.
We are heading down the coast to Eden a nice fishing village- the journey was a bit longer than we thought but got a motel and went out to the harbour to look around, its a quiet time of year here now,next day we went to see those big stingrays in the harbour we managed to spot the smaller one.Our next trip was to Lakes entrance- the weather is still nice and its not to far, we were hoping to show them phillip island but its too much travelling,we had a dip in the pool at the motel and a dip in the sea, we found a nice clubhouse for tea - they have a betting shop in there , Vicky and andy had a lucky touch, Mine won but Neil forget to put the bet on! there was hell on!After our stay here we packed up for the last few days in Melbourne, they have got a heatwave on 37.5 degrees at the moment thats hot,we went to stay with Lyn and steve, we had a lovely homemade lasagne and salad waiting for us,Next day Steve and Lyn had arranged a party for us, with a spit roast, it was fantastic , family and friends came,we all had a good time.
We wanted to go the F1 racing in Melbourne but the heat prevailed us 47 degrees on the track side,Mum wanted to go horseriding at John and Sue's so Neil saddled sophie up and off she went.
Steve has a Harley Davison bike and so has the neighbour Dennis-they took Vicky and Mum on the back for a good half hour ride, they loved it.
The last day has arrived-a trip to the UGG boot factory and its too hot for anything else so they chilled out and packed up ready for off, we went to the Airport and had a couple of Guinness to celebrate St Patricks day, then time to say goodbye!
What a trip- it was hectic but good, Andrew sick of travelling but has decided he will come back here at some point well done, Vicky -carn't believe our Prinny got here, all paid for by herself were proud of her and she was so scared of flying and the creatures she might see, you've done it Vick!Mum-same again the long journey you did well and all the things you achieved here, thanks to all three of them for coming out to see us.
To steve and Lyn- thanks for everything! xxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 28


Advertisement

Manley BeachManley Beach
Manley Beach

Andy loving it!


27th March 2008

Fantastic Holiday
Vicki Andrew and myself had a fantastic time in Australia.Can't beleive I did everything I wanted to do thanks to Julie and Neil.Also thanks to Stephen and Lyn for their hospitality and meeting John and Sue and letting me ride the horse.Cairns and the barrier reef was great and snorkelling still think about it.Then Brisbane and Surfers paradise and the lovelyrain forest and of course the Devonshire cream tea.Sydney was fantastic I loved it night time and day time .The ferry to Manley beach and the boat round the harbour.Hope we haven't made you too homesick and that you both enjoy the rest of your fantastic journey.We all wish you a safe return.Take care Love Mumxxxx

Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb