Now in Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 2nd 2004
Published: November 2nd 2004
Edit Blog Post

Time seems to be rushing by now with 11 more days left. We are currently in Melbourne staying with Helen. Went to Healsville Sanctuary today returning home in torrential rain.

Anyway, back to Hervey Bay........ Fraser Island was really different, but enjoyed the day driving around and on the sand dunes and beach "highway". Saw a real wild Dingo, a ship wrech and lots of birds.

We then rented a car and drove down the Sunshine Coast to Brisbane. Stayed one night with friends of a friend near Cooroy. These friends have a little dog and to cut a long story short, Val, who had been told to keep her hands away from the dog didn't and finished up getting bitten and having to get five stitches the next day. All is well and her hands is healing nicely. I don't think she has learnt her lesson yet as two days later she was petting a horse over a fence!! The next night we stayed at a motel in Landsborough - the owner was from Manchester and his wife from Wales!
Dropping the rental car off at Brisbane Airport, We flew to Sydney where we were met by Marg and Bill Morrison who put us up or rather put up with us for 5 days. They treated us royally and showed us the sights of Sydney. Looking forward to seeing Bill in Canada in February. Thanks for a great time Marg and Bill and for your terrific hospitality. Good luck to Suzanne on her trip to Nepal.
We leave Saturday for Tasmania, the final leg of our tour of Australia, so will try and update you from there.

Val and Pat

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb