Flooded Victoria


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
January 19th 2011
Published: January 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well we were up at 6am and got all packed up and walked over to the bus station for our bus out to the train station. We got there with plenty of time. Catriona and I weren't seated next to each other but the nice lady next to her let me swap seats with her so we could sit with each other. We were seated in front of and next to a young family with 3 kids. The parents clearly couldn't control their kids and it was quite annoying! At one point the little girl pulled my hair while I was trying to sleep. The dad kept leaving to the buffet car so he didn't have to deal with it. Gee thanks mister!!!!

But besides that it was a good train ride. 11 hours from Adelaide to Melbourne. The train goes through the areas that have been flooding here in Victoria as you can see form the pictures it's pretty bad. The tracks did have some water on them and the driver had to slow the train right down to make sure we could get across. The river hadn't peaked yet but was meant to the next day. Not good. We were lucky our train was able to go. It seems like the eastern half of Oz is completely under water and the western half of Oz is in a drought. They just can't win.

At the train station I said bye to Catriona and headed off to St Kilda to Leahanne's place. It was good to see her again. We spent the night catching up on everything as I didn't get there until 7:30pm.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 23; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb