Happy Canada Day!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
July 1st 2010
Published: July 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Happy Canada Day to everyone back home!!!!

Leahanne decorated her house up just for me. She made some Canadian flags and had red and white streamers hanging up. It was so sweet!!! She's awesome. She also found a bottle shop here that sells Molson Canadian beer so she bought me one! But the best present was the Tim Tams! They are Australian cookies that are soooo amazing. You can get them at Safeway back home so I recommend you all try them!!!! A tim tam slam is biting a corner off one end of the tim tam and the opposite corner on the other end and sucking up a hot drink like coffee or hot chocolate through the cookie and then eating it quickly before it dissolves! Soooo yummy.

Anyways, we found out that there was a Canada day party here in Melbourne but it was on the saturday before I arrived so we missed it. But, in Federation square they were flying Canada flags on all the flagpoles so I went down and checked that out. It was cool to see that in Australia. They have a place here called Lord of the Fries and they do all kinds of different fries from all over the world and they had the French Canadian Poutine so it was only fitting that I ate that for lunch on Canada day! I did see a few other Canadians out and aboot walking around with lots of red on.

Leahanne had a friend doing a DJ set at a bar that night so we went to check it out. It was pretty interesting haha. It seems as though the 80's are back in a big way. YIKES!!!!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb