Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
May 14th 2010
Published: May 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Carter/Tucker HouseCarter/Tucker HouseCarter/Tucker House

Breamlea, Victoria
Another long weekend trip, this time it extended into the week as well. We arrived in town on Friday, May 14th and proceeded to walk around the city.

On Saturday we rented a car and drove the Great Ocean Road. In the morning we stopped at the Carter/Tucker House by Sean Godsell. After driving through the afternoon we were able to see the 12 apostle rock formation right before/during sunset...what an awesome experience!

Sunday was spent back in the city, walking around and enjoying the beautiful weather. It was sloghtly chilly but full sunshine made it much warmer. All of the markets were open on Sunday as well so I spent my time lazyly walking through most of them. That night I was fortunate enough to go to an AFL game. And after watching the sport on t.v. so many times, I was exciting to see it live.

Monday was spent on the road again. This time traveling southwest to Queenscliff, stopping there for the afternoon and then driving all the way back up through Melbourne and down the southwest coast to Philip Island, where we spent the night.

Tuesday morning, we saw another Sean Godsell house, the St. Andrew's Beach House. Surprisingly, it didn't take long to find, despite not knowing the address or even what street it was on. At sunset we found ourselves at Brighton Beach, viewing multi-colored sheds that line the beach.

Wednesday, I spent the early morning in the city and by midday it was time to fly back to Sydney and then on to Newcastle.



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

AFL gameAFL game
AFL game

a mixture of rugby and soccer
train station train station
train station

after the game
QueenscliffQueenscliff
Queenscliff

a lighthouse
where we are...where we are...
where we are...

in relationship to everything else.
sculptural human bollardssculptural human bollards
sculptural human bollards

Geelong, Victoria


21st May 2010

COLORFUL
The sheds are amazing! Weve never seen anything like them. What beautiful beaches. I would like to sit there and read for hours! Enjoy and thank you for sharing your journey with us!!! We love reading your descriptions as much or more than the pics!! We love you!
31st May 2010

Color
The sheds are amazing!!! The colors are so vivid and creative. Looks like a fun place to live.

Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb