Neighbours!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
May 5th 2008
Published: May 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

OMG....went on the Neighbours tour today.....how jealous are you all!!!hehehe We saw Erinsborough High and took loads of pics both there and on Ramsay Street!!!!! :D Soooo fun!! We also drove past the studios where all of the indoor scenes are filmed which was cool. Had a star meeting with the guy who played (the evil) Dr. Darcy...he was nice so that was cool. Neighbours Night tonight which should be fabbo....will get to see Dr. Karl's band and also meet Stu (how jealous are you right now hanspan?!) Rebecca and Mr. Fitzgerald! wooooo...i can imagine it'll be rather a laugh :P

Anyways now the exciting stuff is all written about let me tell you about my past few days here in melbourne (which have also been fun!!) We went to the Aquarium on Friday and had to be evacuated as there was a flood!!! Loads of water was gushing out onto the road and everything....i'm not sure of the details but it was rather exciting....and wet.....a car drove past and immersed me in a big spash of water which was not so fun!! We decided to have a wander around and a bit more of an exploration of the city....I didn't end up going to the comedy as I got chatting to some peeps in the common room/cafe and watched a film instead!! Man on Fire (was ok....a bit slow towards the end and at the beginning tho!!lol)

On Saturday we went to the 360 degree Melbourne Tower - Rialto. This was really cool as you got an amazing view of the city and you could walk outside onto a balcony (with lotts of mesh to stop peeps jumping and throwing stuff I guess!!) You could walk in a full circle around the building and so saw the city from all angles....it was a really great experience and what was better was that it was a full day pass so we went back in the evening and saw the city at night with all of the lights...one word....spectacular!!

During the day we went to Federation Square and into the ACMI (Australian Centre of Moving Images) and saw a variety of short films in a really cool space for a while. I loved it...verry my thing and it was free!!!lol We also went to see an AFL match which is a really big sport over here....really good too, the UK should catch on to it!!hehe The match we went to see was a big one too, as it was a local team (Collingwood) playing...they lost though!haha, even though I know verry little about the sport I could see that Hawthorn (the other team) played a lot better (even if their colours weren't as good :P how sad am I?!) If you ever come to Oz in the AFL season tho it would be soo worth going to see a match as its a really good and fast moving sport....and they score lots of goals and points!! Not very expensive eitehr...only $20....bargain!!

On Sunday I went off on my own around the Arts Centre Market and South Melbourne Market.....Some of the things that they sell there are truely beautiful, and are locally handcrafted. I sooooo wanted to buy everything, however had to be realistic and remember that I would never be able to fit it all inside my bags!!hehe Was really good to see it though 😊 On my way to the market (gosh I sound like I should be living in the olden days :Phehe) I walked past the Crown Casino, which is the biggest Casino in the World outside of Vegas!! They were setting up for the Logies (Aussie version of the Brits) which was rather exciting....didn't see any famous faces, but I did watch it on the tele later on and good old Westlife were there amongst all of your general aussie soap peeps!! 😊 Kate Ritchie aka Sally from Home and Away won the Gold Logie. (just incase you need to know that for a pub quiz or something :Phaha)
I spent Sunday evening at Nathan's house with him and Robin. They cooked a roast lamb and veggies which was lovely....nice to have proper home cooked food for a change!! We then just chatted and watched the box for the evening, which was really fabbo!

Soooo now we're back to today! Had to get up at 6am this morning in order to get to St. Kilda to catch the bus for the Neighbours tour at 8.05am!! Was totally worth it tho!! If you come to Melbourne the Neighbours tour is compulsory!!!

Righto...i'm off to glam up for this evening....hope life is as exciting for you guys back home as it is for me at the mo! Enjoy your exams uni pleeple (sorry that was mean :P) Love you reeeeeeelly!!

xxxxxxxxxxBIG kisses from across the pondxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb