Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
March 16th 2008
Published: March 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Melbourne


Arrived in Melbourne after another disastrous flight leaving us in Christchurch airport for 4hours after we got up at 3 o clock! We stayed in an area about 20mins from the city called St.Kilda with our friend rich who had come across to Melbourne as well. In the evening we were invited to our first aussie BBQ at (Chris & Marks) friends of Lyndsays parents from their days living in the Bahamas! It was a lovely evening with them and their daughter Claire we had all sorts of meat and veg including Kangaroo and much needed home cooked food! Went for a drink in St.Kilda after with Claire and her friend.

Next day we took a tram into the main city with Rich and hopped on the free touristy tram that does a circular route around the CBD (they use that word a lot in NZ & Oz) highlight of the tram was probably getting off at the massive Victoria market where they sold everything from kangaroo skins to fruit and veg! We bought a couple beautiful fillet steaks for less than a pound!! Yummy yummy dinner!

Day three in Melbourne, went back into city where they had a food and wine festival and had some entertainment and stuff on the beautiful south bank of the river. When we got back to St.Kilda we went for an amazing Chinese with Chris Mark & Claire and afterwards they gave us a little tour round Melbourne and over ¾ of the Grand Prix circuit obviously not at the same sort of speed! It was really cool as they had all the barriers, flags and what not all prepared for the Grand Prix. Finished the day with the obligatory beer before bed!

Today we were up nice and early to go on a tour of ’The Great Ocean Road’ this consisted of a lot of driving but we got to see
-12 apostles
-London Bridge
-Wild Koalas
-Picnic on Apollo beach
-Helicopter ride for Guy!

Photos provide the detail

P.S- lots to catch up on! were up in Brisbane at the moment bout 4,000k away from Melbourne! but will catch up eventually!


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb