Melbourne Australia’s Shopping Heaven


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » South Yarra
July 17th 2014
Published: July 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Being born in Perth Western Australia, I have always had a fascination for the East Coast. When I was 14 years old I had my first trip to Melbourne, and fell in love instantly. Fast forward quite a few years (and no not disclosing how many years as I know it will show my age J ) I now live on the east coast. With only being an hour flight from Melbourne, means weekend shopping trips are possible. Melbourne in my opinion is by far the Australia’s best shopping. Here is my guide to the best shopping precincts in Melbourne.

South Yarra-

This precinct is what I believe to be the best suburb as it has three of the best shopping hubs in the whole of the city. The first one is Chapel Street. Shoppers Heaven! This shopping hub encompasses quality international imports at the fashionable and upmarket end of Chapel Street to chic Australian Boutiques, Vintage and Eclectic stores lining the whole street. This street is home to The Jam Factory a shopping and entertainment complex a plethora of specialty stores. With enough trendy cafés and eatery’s to keep your energy levels up for a whole days shopping. As the area is 24 hours you can certainly shop way into the night, should you have the stamina to do so. Toorak Rd is another awesome shopping area spanning over one Kilometre of shopping and restaurant heaven, this quintessential Melbourne hangout has a warm and friendly atmosphere.

A cool place to stay in the South Yarra would be Amity South Yarra Apartment these are great modern serviced apartments. You can pretend that it is your own apartment when you stay there (except with a cleaner), kick up your tired feet at the end of the successful days shopping.

DFOs-

Sometimes a girl loves a good bargain, with the many choices of DFOS (or direct Factory outlets). You can save big, on last season’s fashion items. Team them up with a few pieces of this season statements and voila you have an ultra-trendy outfit for a quarter of the price. The DFO South Warf is the best for clothes as I believe it have a more extensive range, oh and shoes to ( can’t forget the shoes). The outlet near Essendon airport is by far the largest however a lot harder to get to for travellers but has a much bigger range.

Melbourne CBD-

The Melbourne CBD hub, great place to shop and spend the day. With its hidden shopping arcades and boutiques by the dozen it has something for everyone. From the historic The Block arcade on Collins St to an even more olde-style charm of The Royal Arcade. The CBD is just swarming with little gems to be found. Here history meets contemporary. Not to mention the large departments stores are here as well. Riddled with laneways of stunning boutique cafes and restaurants you are sure to satisfy both your culinary appeal and appetite for clothing.



With so many unique designer boutiques to chic vintage stores Melbourne is by far the best shopping and culture Australia has to offer. If you are a gal who loves to participate in this past time, then this is the city for you. Whether you just stay for a weekend, a week or a month. I can assure you this city will not disappoint, you may leave broke but hey you at least you will look hot!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb