Great Ocean Road Trip Day 8


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » South Yarra
September 30th 2011
Published: September 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today was our final ride of the Great Ocean Road trip. It was a very wet afternoon yesterday in Lorne and their was discussion about missing today's ride if the weather was too bad. When we woke up this morning there was patchy cloud cover and not raining so the decision was made to finish our ride. It was a great ride and the weather was fabulous, in fact 3 out of our 4 riders were sun/wind burnt. We can all now confidently say that Big Hill just outside of Lorne is defnitely not a big hill when compared to Lavers Hill. We finished our ride Anglesea and drove to Melbourne.

Arriving in Melbourne it was very wet and we spent the afternoon hopping on and off the free tram visiting Queen Victoria Markets, South Bank and enjoyed a fantastic meal at The Spaghetti Tree. We left Peter with a friend and headed back to our accommodation at the Claremont Guesthouse.

Tomorrow we will spend the morning in Melbourne sightseeing, using the free city tourist bus and start making our way home just after lunch.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0981s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb