A Change is in the Air


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Hastings
March 1st 2014
Published: March 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

We are now at the start of spring here in Albrighton, the days are getting longer and the weather has changed, well on some days, we now get longer spells of sunshine and less blasts of cold wind. The spring flowers are starting to bloom with lots of daffodils, snow drops and crocuses appearing along the road side as we continue our walking.

We are also getting ready for a change as our time here comes to an end. It's a sad time because we have to leave but also a time of anticipation and excitement as we not only wait to see how God uses us next but we get to return to our family and friends in Australia who we know have missed us as we have missed all of them.

It will be sad saying goodbye to our family across the UK and also the many new friends we have made here in Boningale/Albrighton especially those involved in the churches. We have been privileged to have had the opportunity to attend all of the churches including the Anglican churches of St Chads, St Marys and St Cuthbert’s plus the Catholic church of St Joseph’s and also the Albrighton Methodist church, it's been a wonderful opportunity for us both.

Our time at the manor house with Bob & Christina has been very special with many many memories of great friends sharing great food, great wine and great in-depth discussions.

We can never thank God enough for planting us in such a special place.

On Tuesday 25th February we attended our second last Tea Cosies afternoon at St Marys and talked about, God willing, what we will be doing with BCA when we return to Australia. We also showed some pictures of Hastings, Traralgon and Tea Cosies pictures that we had taken during our time here. It will be sad to say goodbye next Tuesday.

On Wednesday 26th February we attended our last 9.30am Holy Communion & bible study service as next Wednesday 5th is Ash Wednesday. It was another very special service and moving service and also an emotional service as they said goodbye and prayed for us and for our future ministry. These services have become such a great part of our week.

Also on Wednesday 26th February Chris & Alan Marshall arrived from Berwick, see Blog page 816375 20th November
Dornier 17Dornier 17Dornier 17

Look up the web site
2013 'Albrighton to Berwick Upon Tweed'. Chris & Alan are travelling in the motor home to a Doctor Who exhibition in Cardiff Wales so called into the manor to spend a couple of nights with us.

On Thursday 27th February we headed off to Cosford RAF museum with Chris and Alan and although we had been there some 5 months before, see Blog page 807550 16th September 2013 'Wildlife, Planes & Other', we found many exhibits that we missed or did not remember especially the recovery and restoration of the Dornier 17 battle of Britain bomber project which was fascinating. We had a great day out and if you are ever in this part of the world make sure you get to the museum, it's free.

Friday 28th February was a cold and wet morning and sadly we had to say goodbye to Chris & Alan two special people who have become special friends.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Dornier 17Dornier 17
Dornier 17

More info
Dornier 17Dornier 17
Dornier 17

Housed in tunnels
Chris & Alan's Motor HomeChris & Alan's Motor Home
Chris & Alan's Motor Home

Parked at the front of our cottage


1st March 2014

UK versus Aus?
Sadly all good things must come to an end. but the memories live on. Travel safely.
2nd March 2014

Service
So how did the service go?

Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb