Great Ocean Road - Day 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road
January 11th 2009
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Set off around 9.30am in our huge car! We got an upgrade as they had run out of the little eco ones and had a very expensive looking thing and it was an automatic!
The views are really spectacular along the road, we stopped at Wye River, we were told the fish and chips here are really good but the restaurant wasn't yet open :-(. We walked around and found the Fireman's fete! we bought a couple of homemade donuts!
Then we stopped at Cape Patton, this is where the wild koala's are, but as we pulled over a Police car came up the other way, i don't think people are meant to stop there, but how could you resist a photo...! We thought it would be best just to keep going as the Policeman did get out of his car! Shame.
We carried on and then stopped as there was a plaque explaining the history of the Great Ocean Road. We arrived in Appollo Bay around 11.30am. We went to Appollo Bay Recreation Reserve campsite, ALOT nicer than the previous place! It was along a stream and all the sites were grass - very rare! It is set just accross the road from a beach and walking distance into town. Afetr waiting about 2 hours for this family to finish paking up on our allocated site, we got our tent up! We walked into town, went to the Iinformation Centre to ask about the walks in the area, had a look at the many wooden sculptures, had a look around the shops and had a yummy smoothie - as we were there we also got to see a picture of the ugliest dog in the world - very random!
Then we went to the beach, but after about 20 mins wewere so covered in sand due to the wind we gave up! SUnbathed by the tent on the grass instead! - but even then the flies were so awfull i ended up just reading in the tent!
Just had a quiet evening....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb