Paradise Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Gippsland
February 21st 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We are now experts at setting up our little mobile home whenever we move to a new spot. On arriving at Paradise Beach, a lovely little free-camping area near Seaspray, we were all set up with our new tent poles and guy-ropes within 10 minutes. We can now walk underneath the sunshade without having to duck. Genius!We do, however, need to pay more attention to the direction in which we set up (ie van opens to the non-sunny side) and we need to reduce our personal space (ie it’s okay to be close to other campers to secure a great spot).

We spent the evening going for a walk on beautiful Paradise Beach (its name is well justified), enjoying our $4 wine (surprisingly very yum!) and watching our latest installment of Alcatraz (we’re both hooked on that program!).

The next day, we cycled up to Golden Beach and, once back at Paradise Beach, went for a swim in the ocean. It’s not exactly a bathers’ beach, so we just had fun being thrown around by the swell. The beach really is spectacular. It is part of Ninety-Mile-Beach and all you can see in either direction is turquoise water, clean golden sand and lovely delicate ocean spray. We liked it so much here that we were back in the ocean in the afternoon and decided to stay another night. The only drawback here are the horrid stinging/biting flies… but Dean has been making a significant dent in their population with his new fly gun!

For me, this was without a doubt one of the nicest days on our trip so far. It was also the day I chose to let go of a thoroughly unhelpful person in my life. Not for the first time, am I amazed at how much more capacity one has to really enjoy the positives in life when one gets rid of the negatives.

THE TRUTH (by Dean Glasgow)

Flathead tastes better if you catch it yourself.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb