Signs we have seen


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Echuca
July 16th 2013
Published: July 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Echuca ...a new base to travel from.Echuca ...a new base to travel from.Echuca ...a new base to travel from.

Not sure what we have done...but! We are happy here, we can commute to Melbourne easily to see Matt & Pen and we are on the river with lots of spots to go 'bush'. love It !
Signs we have seen along the way

Our fantastic trip “The Wrong Way Around’ has finished and we have settled on a base in Echuca, Victoria, on the Murray where we already have the map out planning our next trip. Birdsville Races in September are looking good, but we also want to return to the Flinders Ranges, a place we love and one of the most underrated regions within Australia.



Anyway, on our travels we took quite a few photos of signs. Some were just demonstrating remoteness, others information, others were quirky and some were just plain unique. We wanted to share a few of these with you that we hope you find of interest for one reason or another and so here they are are..enjoy!


Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Echuca Echuca
Echuca

Just a taste for you...ten minutes walk from home is the historic Port of Echuca.
BBQ's in the bush on Sundays!BBQ's in the bush on Sundays!
BBQ's in the bush on Sundays!

This spot is literally ten minutes drive from home...awesome!
Croc warning signs.Croc warning signs.
Croc warning signs.

There are literally millions of these signs across the top end, some in places you just would not expect. My question is this...Is every tourist in Australia German or does everyone speak German? Achtung!
Ahh the wet tropics!Ahh the wet tropics!
Ahh the wet tropics!

There are dangers in living anywhere.
The KimberleysThe Kimberleys
The Kimberleys

Loved this part of the world, check out the colours.
Gibb River RoadGibb River Road
Gibb River Road

An amazing experience,
Wujal Wujal on the Bloomfield TrackWujal Wujal on the Bloomfield Track
Wujal Wujal on the Bloomfield Track

These restrictions are common within Indigenous communities.
Cape Tribulation Cape Tribulation
Cape Tribulation

...and the Bloomfield Track...memories!
Welcome to Country signWelcome to Country sign
Welcome to Country sign

In the Kimberleys.
Lorella SpringsLorella Springs
Lorella Springs

...great spot on the Savannah Way ( the dirt track not the 'black top' route).
Gibb River Road SignGibb River Road Sign
Gibb River Road Sign

To do this road was one of the highlights of our trip.
Fair call...Fair call...
Fair call...

fire can do alot of damage up here.
Land of the Morning Glory...Land of the Morning Glory...
Land of the Morning Glory...

....well I think we would all like to live there!!!!
Tree KangaroosTree Kangaroos
Tree Kangaroos

You wont see this sigh in too many places around the world..very unique!
Katherine School of the AirKatherine School of the Air
Katherine School of the Air

... we have visited this school many times over the years and have enjoyed it every time. A 'must do' when in Katherine.
Achtung!Achtung!
Achtung!

Ok, recent croc sighting in a local swimming hole...dont care how hot it is, I am not going in!
Road into Daly RiverRoad into Daly River
Road into Daly River

...great Barramundi river, also full of Crocs! Good pub there also.
Mandorah Beach Pub Menu.Mandorah Beach Pub Menu.
Mandorah Beach Pub Menu.

Cannot swim at the beach, crocs, sharks, box jellyfish, stingers, stonefish etc ...but hey great food and beer!


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb