Mt Baw Baw and Beyond


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Australian Alps
July 31st 2009
Published: July 31st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ski HireSki HireSki Hire

Our work (Above) and home (below)
So almost up to date now, just to fill you guys in on the last few months of work that we have been doing. After a brief stint in Melbourne we came up to Mt Baw Baw to work in the Australian ski season (who knew they had one?).
We came across this job opportunity be a chance talking to some of the guys we knew in Sydney who worked here last year. The work is easy enough, it’s just fitting people out with ski’s and snowboards and pretending you know what you’re doing. Which I quite obviously don’t as every time I go out I wake up the following morning with pains in places I didn’t think existed, probably should stop bouncing on my head (neck is still stiff from that) and arse so much. But as long as the customers don’t see its all fine and we can still pretend that we know what we are doing. Though Kate is doing well with her skiing and doesn’t fall over nearly as much as I do. But we have just brought some more insurance so everything is all good.
The job pays well though so we are finally managing to
Snow!!Snow!!Snow!!

What more need i say.. SNOW!!
save some money, at least enough to get us home with a little spare to sort ourselves out I think. The only problem is the resort is really small so working up here and living below work gives you a bit of cabin fever.
As for the future? What can you expect? Well lets see. The current plan is to hire a campervan in September and haul ass over 2 weeks to Ayer’s rock then onto Cairns so I can do my diving and down onto Brisbane via the Whitsundays. Then it’s onto Asia to do Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand for a few months and home in time to (hopefully) sort ourselves out with some work before Christmas.
So lots more to fit into the next few months of our trip, so hopefully i will feel more motivated to post on here and keep you updated, as to be honest if i mdae any posts of most of Sydney it would just be about work, not one to bore you with such information haha.

All the best folks
Peter + Katie.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

IciclesIcicles
Icicles

I'll post some photo's of us soon, promise :)


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb