Day 3 - Falls Creek


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Australian Alps
July 7th 2008
Published: August 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The day has started with rain and wind. Not heavy and everyone keen to get out in the snow anyway. We rugged up and headed out and threw lots of snow around and generally got wet. Doesn't matter how snow-proof your gear is, it is different when it comes to rain and slush.

We had already paid for an all-day pass with a lesson but then weather was a bit wild for us so we headed in and had lunch.

Once fed we headed down the Gully lift with all our gear, transferred in a bus to Falls Express and then headed up to the top of the mountain. Once on the mountain we were buffeted by the wet snow and wind. Very unpleasant for us West Aussies.

I took Thomas off to his special kids club, milo, 5 and under lessons, Monique, Aimee and Jordan headed off to kids club and Christopher, Tanya, Geoff and Sonya headed off to beginners lessons. I caught them up and we went off with Graham the instructor. We learnt the finer points of Snow Ploughing, walking sideways up a hill and shifting our weight to turn. We got to lift one ski and stomp !

By the time our lesson was up, we had pretty much had enough of the conditions. The kids were just as sick of it and Thomas had spat the dummy because the teachers wouldn't "just let him ski" and "they would only let me gpo on the magic Carpet". We stopped up at Cloud 9 with Annette for a coffee and thawed a little.

We headed home down Falls Express and back up Gully. By now it was freezing going up the Gully Lift with the icey wind in our faces. We got back, filled the drying cupboard, got ready for dinner at the Frying Pan and generally recovered.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb