Tas - Swansea & Wineglass Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Freycinet National Park
January 17th 2009
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well it didn't rain last night - woohoo! We got up had breakfast, got chris to eat watermelon! Then headed up the East coast towards Swansea. We camped in a free campsite in Mayfield Bay, right on the beach. Only had a wc but that's all you need for one night! We then drove to Freycinet National Park. All the National Parks charge a fee to enter, $22 for 24 hours or $53 for up to 8 weeks. We went to Honeymoon Bay which was quite small, had a bite of lunch and then drove to Wineglass Bay car park.
From there we wlaked along the 6km trail, up to the viewing point and then down to the Wineglass Bay itself. It's a long hard walk, up paths, rocks, down slopes but all worth it when you get there. A beautifull Bay sheltered from the winds! It took around 3 hours return but you could easily speand a couple of hours on the beach too.
On the way back to the car we saw wild wallabies - so cute. We drove up to Cape Tourville where there is a 20min walk around the lighthouse with panoramic views of Wineglass Bay and the Friendly Beaches.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb