Cradle Mountain Chateau


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Cradle Mountain
October 30th 2011
Published: November 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After my stay at Strahan Village, Mohammad and Megan drove me to Cradle Mountain Chateau, where I was going to stay and work for a week as well. On the way up there, we made a stop at Burnie to have lunch and at Devenport to do some shopping.

Cradle Mountain is a amazing, with its majestic alpine peaks, and beautiful lakes, it's no wonder Cradle Mountain is one of Tasmania's most popular tourist and holiday destinations. This World Heritage National Park boasts some of the most spectacular bush walking in the state and Cradle Mountain Chateau accommodation is a welcoming base for your explorations.

During my stay at Cradle Mountain Chateau, I was working five days in the reception, two morning shifts and three evenings shift 😊 Big thanks to Mark, Jo, Koby, Renee, Alison and the rest of the staff for taking good care of me and learning me all about the workprocess at the property.

About Cradle Mountain Chateau:
You will enjoy fine Tasmanian wines and fresh local produce. Enjoy the stylish cuisine of the Chateau's signature à la carte restaurant, The Grey Gum, or relax with casual bistro-style dining at Quoll's. Relax with a soothing massage at Calm Day Spa, or browse through The Wilderness Gallery, highlighting the world's best nature photographers.

Accommodation at the Cradle Mountain Chateau provides a northern gateway to the Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park. This tract of Tasmanian wilderness is traversed by the world-famous multi-day Cradle Mountain Overland Track. Shorter day walks from Cradle Mountain explore the World Heritage Area, with its glaciated crags and lakes, wildlife and rare alpine flora.

The Cradle Mountain Highland lakes teem with fighting brown and rainbow trout, Tasmania's famed sporting fish, their succulent pink flesh is a gourmet treat.

In the early years of the 20th century Gustav Weindorfer, an Austrian adventurer, botanist and conservationist stood on the summit of Cradle Mountain and gazed out across the Tasmanian wilderness. With his words "This must be a national park for the people for all time," he began the movement that eventually led to the Cradle Mountain wilderness's, World Heritage listing.

Cradle Mountain with accommodation at Cradle Mountain Chateau offers one of the most unique wilderness holiday experiences in Tasmania.

Read more on: http://cradlemountainchateau.com.au/



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb