Jump Start Your Career in South Australia Today!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
February 22nd 2014
Published: February 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Are you bored of your part time job and always hearing people complain about the same old British weather? So why don’t you just pack your bags and head down under in pursuit of your dream job in the sun?

STA Travel UK have teamed up with the Government of South Australia and the South Australia Tourism Commission to bring young Brits the opportunity of a life time to head to Oz to take part in one of 8 prestigious mentorships, all travel/accommodation/working holiday visa paid for with the added bonus of an allowance.

So do any of the following take your fancy?

Assistant Shark Scientist – working on research, data collection and shark tagging. You will have the opportunity view/dive/photograph great white sharks and literally dive in to get close and personal with one of the most magnificent animals on the planet, working with passionate people who love their work and who are committed to delivering an exceptional experience.

Sports events internship at the Adelaide Oval, that will host major sporting events and with the Rolling Stones set to open the redeveloped grounds, you’re sure to be amazed by the Adelaide Oval and the people behind it. You will get access to closed training sessions and season preparation events. You will also get the chance to meet top players.

Festival Co-ordinator for the Adelaide Fringe – the largest annual arts festival south of the equator and working right under the Director and Chief Executive. Over the 4 weeks almost 1000 events take place across the city. From circus, theatre and art, to comedy, film and music. You will have the chance to utilise your skills across all aspects of the Fringe, from programming to artist services, PR to marketing.

.

Experience guide at Southern Ocean Lodge, former Luxury lodge of Australia winning resort situated on beautiful Kangaroo Island. As part of the Experience team you will have the opportunity to experience the best that South Australia has to offer. With panoramic views of the great Southern Ocean and boundless coastal wilderness, there is plenty to show off to guests as you assist with wildlife tours, guided walks, kayaking, quad biking and more!



Exhibition Intern – Art Gallery of South Australia which houses 38,000 works including paintings, sculptures, photographs, textiles, ceramics and metalwork from all over the world. Located at the heart of Adelaide's cultural boulevard the Art Gallery welcomes more than half a million visitors each year with exhibitions like “Turner from the Tate” and “Saatchi Gallery in Adelaide”.

Vineyard operations inern in Yalumba, Oz’s oldest family run vineyard – a great opportunity to sample a few Pino Grigio’s I’m sure! Yalumba’s style is to immerse you in a fun and engaging experience, providing a unique insight into the workings of the winery. Time will be spent working alongside dedicated grape growers in the vineyards, as well as learning from the marketing, sales and finance members of the team

Food ambassador – Vili’s Pies – iconic meat pie company gaining experience in key business areas. As a Food Ambassador you would spend time in four key business areas: Marketing, Export, Production and Quality Assurance. You can be as hands on as you wish in your quest to gain a wide ranging understanding of the bakery’s operations. Vili has always believed in innovation, delivering quality products and in providing excellent customer service.

Destination marketing and events co-ordinator – Spouth Aus Tourism Commision. If you are dreaming of a fast paced, fun and friendly environment filled with hard working and passionate people this is definitely for you! The SATC promotes the State’s exciting and diverse attractions both within Australia and internationally. Based in the heart of Adelaide you will be a part of the team committed to achieving AUD$8 billion in tourism expenditure by 2020, plus one week in the field with one of the State’s leading tourism operators.



Not only do you get to have a wicked adventure, this is a one of a kind campaign it’ll look awesome on your cv and each mentor will act as a referee in the future – if that doesn’t impress potential employers I don’t know what will!

For more information and how to apply visit the STA Travel website: www.statravel.co.uk/mentorme

You’d have to be bonkers to pass up on an opportunity like this, applications are open until the 7th of March so waste no time and kick start your career in South Oz today!!

Also head down to your local STA store for one of our FREE Big Trip Travel Talks for all the expert knowledge and tips on anywhere you could possibly dream of starting your adventure in, from Thailand and to Antarctica and everywhere in between!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb