"Great" Ocean Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
March 28th 2004
Published: March 28th 2004
Edit Blog Post


London Bridge
After a couple of nights in Adelaide to recuperate, it was time to hit the road again, leaving Adelaide behind for good. We boarded the big green bus at silly o’clock in the morning and headed for Great Ocean Road. In all it took us 3 days to get to Melbourne, we went through Halls Gap, (killing a poor Wallaby that dared to run in front of the bus) the Grampians where we saw McKenzie Falls – damn steps again. I was starting to see a pattern emerging in this holiday and wasn’t too impressed. I saw my first real Australian kookaburra when we returned to the top of the steps, maybe a reward from above for persevering, who knows. We stayed in Warrnambool, visited Torquay and the famous Bells Beach. The beach is where some surfing championships take place each year, I think the surfers in Oz must be magicians because even with all the wind that was around when we were there, there were still no big waves, or should I say surf?! Maybe the prize goes to the blondest, most typical surfer dude that shows up in his boardies. I will have to check that!

It’s a

12 Apostles
pity that the weather was miserable ‘cos I came away thinking that the Great Ocean road wasn’t so great. For 3 days, it rained, was foggy and bitter cold! The rocks we saw were pretty cool, London Bridge, 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and some cave – apparently had some significance but I forgot to remember what it was…….. ’nuff said!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



McKenzie Falls


A Kookaburra...not sitting in the old gum tree


22nd November 2004

Bow Fiddle Rock
Portknockie has a rock like this

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0376s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb