Whyalla ( from Northshields)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Whyalla
May 17th 2013
Published: May 17th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We've been very slack with our blog and are going to try and continue with our blogging and maybe even back track to catch up. We are currently in Whyalla, fourth day here, 9th straight of sleeping in the car as it's easier than putting the tent up and down all time, plus we've made it more comfortable with a double blow up bed. We travelled from Northshields which is down near Port Lincon roughly 300ks, took us about 3 hours of driving through the Eyre Peninsula with the idea of stopping at Whyalla information centre to get accommodation details for Port Augusta. After being informed that Whyalla was bigger than Port Augusta and was where the outback meets the sea- literally...we decided to stay. We experienced seeing wild dolphins at the jetty which was a winner for us and made us quickly fall in love with Whyalla, That and the beautiful crystal blue waters, we were in heaven! Staying at the Whyalla caravan Park has set us back $39 a night which is a bit pricey for us, however being on the foreshore turned our 1 night stay into 4 so far. Some friends Tom and Bron, we met in Mt Gambia came to join us last night in preparation for conveying to the desert together. I am thinking of going clay shooting today, Tom is going to service my car also and the Motorcross is on the cards for tomorrow. Overall we love Whyalla, in particular the beautiful sunny days and the spectacular foreshore. Koby our dog is loving the beach also as he gets to run free along the sand everyday when we walk him - gets our two thumbs up. a few more nights here then off to Coober Peedy - depending on how Tom's alternator goes being fitted And also depending on when Sturt highway is open as it will be closing mon, Wed and Fri for two weeks between here and Coober Peedy for road works which may set us back a little.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb