Adelaide to Ceduna


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Whyalla
January 18th 2006
Published: January 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 1oth
From Androssan we got a permit to camp along the Trougbridge tourist drive at a spot called Kemp Bay. We camped on top of the cliffs in the most sheltered spot we could find.
Wednesday 11th
We drove from Kemp bay up through Moonta Bay where we stopped for a walk and an ice cream. Drove from there to Port Broughton for lunch and on to Port Augusta where on attempting to take the dogs to the water to cool off I got stuck in a bog. We also went to a historic lookout with great 360 views of the area. From there we drove along the road past the Mt Remarkable National Parks and Telowie George Conservation Park which would become our view from the other side of the bay where we camped at Fitzgerald bay. At this bay between April to August 100's of 1000's of cuttlefish come to the shallow rocks to spawn. Here Dennis and Dave got wiff of a feral cat or fox and went off to chase. Dave came back limping and still can not walk. We also had aexperience with a giant millipede.
Thursday 12
We drove to Wyalla today after a relaxing morning which is theoretically the 3rd biggest city in S.A. and spent the rest of our day on a short scenic drive between Point Lowly and Blacky Point and time on the beach relaxing and taking photo's.
Friday 13th
We left Fitgerald bay and slowly made our way down to Port Lincon visiting the ports along the way.
Saturday 14th
We took Dave to the vets today and got a month and a half woth of pain killers for his leg until we get to Perth for some surgery. We put the dogs into day care there and went to Port Lincon National Park. Took in the views from Stamford Hill, walked around Fishermans Point and drove out to lighthouse and had lunch in a sheltered spot near there. We started the drive of the Sleaford - Wanna dunes but we did not yet have a compressor so we decided to take the spoon out of the sink and went and purchased a compressor.
Sunday 15th
We were going to have a rest day however I found a scenic drive called Whaler's way. It cost 25 bucks for the permit but there was fantastic coastline to see alonf the way. This drive goes to the bottom of the Eyre Peninsula and the scenery is between the Great Ocean Road and the Phillip Island Nobbies area. Lots of cliffs, rock pools, chasms etc.
Monday 16th
We put dogs into day care at the vets again and took ourselves to Coffin Bay National Park. This place is magic. You can only access with 4WD and you need to drive along the dunes to the beach and drive 7 mile up the beach to get to the rear of the N./P. We stopped on the beach as we did not have a whole heap of time. The bay is like on you would see on a post card of ZNothern QLD. We had the perfect day being calm and windless. Nard managed to catch 2 fish within 10 seconds of throwing line in for a total of 6 Garfish which we ate for dinner.
Tuesday 17th
We reluctantly left this area and headed up towards Cedunastopping at Elliston for lunch. We are leaving Ceduna today to head across the Nullabor where we may be uncontactable for a few days. Catch up soon. We also have photo's of 2 things we want to know what they are. If you know, please enlighten us.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



19th January 2006

Umm, maybe an run away kiwi fruit and a fossilised icecream cone.

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0731s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb