Adelaide to Streaky Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Streaky Bay
March 31st 2011
Published: April 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Adelaide to Streaky Bay



Adelaide airport was our first stop for the day to drop off Denise for her return trip to Melbourne.
It was fantastic having Denise make the effort to join us for the grad, and were very impressed by the quantity of sleep we achieved when sharing the camper – unlike previous family holidays in the boat due to excessive snoring from one or more family members!

On our way through Port Augusta we stopped for lunch and fuel -50.69L @ 151.9c/L

We continued on our travels and noticed some very pretty pink and blue salt lakes at Lachiel, then couldn’t miss the large Australian Farmers statue at Wudinna.
Also, on big statues, we stopped in at Kimba to check out the big Galah – which is yet to make presence on our bulbar this trip (unlike a few other native animals).

Streaky Bay was a nice quiet spot to stop, with plenty of locals and visitors out in their fishing boats.
We decided to camp at Cape Bauer for the night, where we were 19km north west of streaky bay and surprisingly had the spot to ourselves. Our landscape view boasted vast ocean views with an amazing sunset as we enjoyed a quiet but windy happy hour only to be interrupted later on by a wandering echidna who was startled and decided to burrow next to our rear passenger wheel – so Lach relocated the spiky little fella to a bush nearby.

km’s today 621
km’s this trip 2387



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb