Willmington and the Remarkables National Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Port Augusta
April 24th 2011
Published: April 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Sunday 24th April 2011
We visited the Australian Arid Lands Botanic Garden in Port Augusta - checked out the Matthew Flinders Lookout and went on a tour about edible plants in our native bush.
This garden is dedicated to planting all native plants from all around Australia - even has an area which has only native plants and trees from the Kimberleys. This garden is only in its early years so would love to see it many years in the future.

Monday 25th April 2011 (Anzac Day)
We had a fantastic day today - the weather was just beautiful about 26 degrees - great drive from Port Augusta up to Willmington through the South Flinders ranges - the drive through the ranges was just beautiful hard to capture on the camera.
The view over the gulf and the ranges from Hancock's Lookout was just mangnificent, the best view we have seen so far.
We did the walk through Alligator Gorge in The Remarkables National Park, quite stunning walking through the gorge again the photos did not do it justice. Did not do the full walk as we were not sure which one was the short walk.

Drove onto Melrose, another very quaint town, did not stay as they had quite a crowd with what looked like a huge tennis tournament happening - might head back another day to have a look. There were tents and caravans everwhere around town even at the sports ground.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



26th April 2011

Remarkables
Hi, Looks like you are having a remarkable time. The weather looks great. We are still waiting for the rain they said we were having. Only a few drops so far. Great piocs.
27th April 2011

Great Remarkables pics
Hi Sue and John What a great way to share your travels. travel update and pics are really good. I look forward to hearing/seeing more. Pam

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0921s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb