day 69 5.10.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Port Augusta
October 14th 2008
Published: October 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After losing 1 hour due to daylight saving we left Streaky Bay to travel to Port Augusta a distance of 390k’s which is just outside our fuel range so we had to fill up at Kyancutta. We decided to stay at Shoreline Caravan Park (top tourist). When we arrived we noticed that on the gate there was a sign stating that the gates will be locked at 9pm.

So after we booked in we asked why the gates were locked at night and the woman said to keep backpackers out as she claims that they come and use the showers and toilets, yer right. We were not allocated a site she said just drive around and find one if there was a reserve sign then we can’t use that site. The Park boundary fence was 10 foot high with barb wire on top not very convincing. The last place we say a place like this was Stalog13.

The whole Park was gravel and no one blade of grass not very inviting place. Set up TV for the football grand final and got every channel except channel 9 another crap reason not to stay. Internet was basic also. The woman on the next site had a rough picture of the football so Warwick went there to watch the game, but he came back after about 25 mins as se had decided to retune the TV but lost the footy all together so onto the slow net to get updates.

While Warwick was away Marg cooked up spaghetti bol so we could have a few nights of cooked food. Karen and Ian rang us so we had a chat. After dinner we had a chat about the rest of the trip and we decided not to go to Broken Hill and go straight home.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb