Into the Red Dusty Outback


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Outback » Coober Pedy
August 25th 2004
Published: August 25th 2004
Edit Blog Post

From Adelade we headed North. Yay warmer!

We started by stopping for a 10am wine tasting. The wine was really good too... So all buzzed up on Sav Blanc and a Rose Dessert wine we headed north through the Flinders Ranges. Lunch was a tasty Kangaroo Pie, which might be my favourate red meat. Who needs cows when you can have roos. From there we went to Alligator gorge... hiked through the river and gorge. We spent the night in the bustling metroplis of Quorin. In all seroiusness it is almost a real town. It had a decent pub.
you've gotta love the Aussies, they build the worlds longest fence as a deterent to keep the dingos away from the sheep and cattle. now any dingo that wanted too could get through this fence, but it is there in hopes that the dingo won't want to cross until the livestock is really close.

 
The it was north through the nothing until we got to Coober Pedy. Coober Pedy is an opal mining town, and it is a bit old fashioned at that... very much a prospector town, individuals mining. it was cool. no, i din't get any opals. But i did reaffirm my position that Aussies shouldnt make pizza.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb