Day 21


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Mount Gambier
February 27th 2011
Published: February 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Blue LakeThe Blue LakeThe Blue Lake

A View of the Blue Lake back towards the pump house
The day started early with our next door neibours packing and leaving before 7:30am, gee what happened to being relaxed grey nomads on a Sunday morning.
Never mind, we managed to pack up after breakfast in our own time, we set our sights on Portland for a look see before we headed to South Australia and Mount Gambier.
No challenges along the way, but Portland didn’t present itself as the brochures suggest and didn’t keep our attention for long.
We visited the Woolshed markets and left there heading for a Maccas for a coffee and banana bread.
We left that Maccas with a decision not to return, the coffee was only warm and the banana bread was not warm, gee what is the world coming too?
We chose the less travelled road to Mount Gambier and crossed another state border with out incident. Good choice of road and not a lot of traffic.
The Park we stopped at is an OZ park, part of the group of parks we joined when we stayed at Lakes Entrance.
Good grassy sites and very clean amenities and priced great! ($22/night)
After setting up and a lunch we set off for a quick tour of
The Sink HoleThe Sink HoleThe Sink Hole

View down into the Limestone sink hole gardens
the town.
The first view of the Blue Lake was amazing, the colour is dramatic, and it changes colour at the change of season.
From there to the sunken hole, another amazing limestone sink hole that has been developed as a garden area and tourist attraction.
A great sight and experience to wander this area, that included some old log vehicles to pay tribute to the forestry industry around the area.
We have crossed a time line and gained ½ an hour, gee that puts wine o’clock back. DARN!
We cooked some fresh salmon fillets for dinner with chips and tomatoes, so guess life on the road is certainly ok for us guys!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The TravellersThe Travellers
The Travellers

The retired people in the garden of the Sink Hole
The Mack truck The Mack truck
The Mack truck

Rick Pretending he was logging again.


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb