Nearly over!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Melrose
October 13th 2010
Published: October 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Was sad saying gooddye to our giude Sam. He was such good fun and really added to the trip. We were teasing him about how bad things were when he only drove a BMW and didn't really believe him, however we all got to see it. Mind you he is tall and needed the leg room!!! Saturday lazed around Cairo waiting to head out at 3:30. We had had a great time, met great people and now it was time to go. Landed at Dubai wher we said goodbye to Pete who was going straight through, whoops via K. L. which was a surprise...not a good one !!!! No sleep on the plane as very cramped and full. However landed at Perth 6pm wher Steve (Pyke) met us. Was great to see him. Went to Steve and Jude Sylvesters where we were to stay for the next 4 nights. Perth was a real rest and we went to Fremantle, but not much else. Was good to just hang out with the Silvesters and Steve and relax.
Left Thursday to trek across the Nullarbor. Went to Wave Rock. It was an interesting place, crazy looking rock. Bush camped South of Southern Cross and Friday went to Kalgoolie. Brickie loved it but his credit card didn't!!!We had a good look around and checked out the super Pit. This hole is enormous. Those miners really earn their money as the work looks very tedious and boring.
Camped near the ocean at Ecula next night which was so good. White sand, beautiful night sky...until the wind came up in the morning and had to close down. In Ceduna we took a cabin and checked out the place. Weather is not so good and even took a cabin in Port Lincoln. This is a lovely city and definitely a place to return to in better weather. Today did the tourist thhing in Port Augusta which is a lac ewe have always just voomed through. The new Outback museum is really worth a visit.
Now here we are just out of Port Augusta sitting around a campfire, our last campfire for the trip, having a drink and lamenting the end of what has been a great adventure. Spoke to Pete today and maybe we should just turn around and continue the nomadic life!!!
Tomorrow we are staying in Loxton with Rachael and Blake and then to Melbourne where we get to see Alana who is down for the Caufield Cup. Will stay at Petes, chew over the trip and then back to Welshpool and Calrossie.
Will put some photos on to comlete this blog. Hope you ho have been following it have had a sense of what we have experienced. It's been amazing and looking forward to catching up with family and friends. No doubt the next adventure is already a little idea ready to grow!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb