A wedding in Lucindale


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Lucindale
April 16th 2006
Published: April 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Adelaide to Lucindale


A beautiful scene for a weddingA beautiful scene for a weddingA beautiful scene for a wedding

Judy's garden looked spectacular (to view as a slide show, select Full image and use Next>> to scroll through).
Easter saw the SA Hiker family heading down to the South East of South Australia to a region known as the Limestone Coast. We spent two nights in Naracoorte and three in Robe.

Thirty-five million years ago this region was at the bottom of the Southern Ocean. There are large flat areas in the landscape, and then ranges, which are the sand hills of old. Limestone deposits abound. If you look closely at the Limestone rock you can see fossils of sea creatures, shells and coral. The people of the South East are industrious - as their promotional material states - and limestone has been cut out and used as bricks for was housing.

Our first place to visit was Lucindale, a small farming community, to attend the wedding celebrations of Sheldon and Stacey at Judy’s home (Stacey’s mother) on Easter Saturday and Sunday.

Judy’s garden was beautiful. The ceremony was held in a semi-secluded area atop a grassy knoll. We ate lavishly on delicious food over the 2 days.

Dan says…




Hello from our holiday. Boy we needed to prepare for the wedding and our holiday. We had to get clothes, we had to pack entertainment, things to draw on, gifts for the bride and groom and when we got there, boy was it a party!

I met Taj and Tao (if you look at the photos Taj is the one in the orange top and jeans and Tao was the one in the blue cart). Taj was a good friend and played with me on both days of the wedding (this wedding was rock and roll all night and party every day - well 2 days anyway).

One of the games we played was pulling a blue cart up a hill with Tao in it. Taj was the back up pushing as we went up and then we turned around and ran down it. Now, Taj was the brakes. Tao really liked it as he thought he was riding Thomas the Tank Engine.

At night they made fires inside 44 gallon cans. We put lots of wood in to make the fire big and hot. The fire leapt out of the can and cooled off in the night air chill.

The next day we were pretended that we were fruit sellers. I pulled along the cart which was our portable shop, while Tao was the shop keeper and Taj was the advertiser. The gathered the fruit that had been used as table decorations from the party and sometimes we got fruit straight from the tree (Judy wasn’t too happy about that) and washed it and then barbequed it. We took cash, cheque or credit card. We sold limes and oranges. Limes were the cheapest ($10) and oranges were more expensive ($15).

A joke from Lucindale ...

Q: What kind of animal can swim, walk and fly?

A: A turtledove




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Sheldon, Regan and PeterSheldon, Regan and Peter
Sheldon, Regan and Peter

Getting ready for the ceremony
The ceremonyThe ceremony
The ceremony

Sheldon and Stacey make their promises
More relaxed nowMore relaxed now
More relaxed now

The celebrant, Stacey, Analise, Matt and Sheldon
Table decorationsTable decorations
Table decorations

These citrus fruit were crucial in day 2 activities


Tot: 0.207s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 77; dbt: 0.1013s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb