Road to Glendambo Day 8


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Glendambo
July 11th 2010
Published: August 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arose to a beautiful day and saw a hot air balloon go past our front window. After a short walk we packed up the car and headed off back to Quorn where we saw a rodeo in progress. Down at Port Augusta we had lunch at Wadlata then headed up the Stuart highway towards the north. We stopped in at Woomera {there is a rocket range here) on the way past before arriving at Glendambo where we had booked accommodation. The scenery was changing constantly with several inland lakes containing water which is most unusual. Lake Eyre Yacht Club is holding its first regatta in 25 years due to the recent rains. On the way we saw much evidence of road kill - cattle, kangaroos, sheep etc so keeping an eye out was important.
Our accommodation was interesting. I don’t think that the sheets had been changed on the beds!!! The shower not only showered the occupant it showered the entire room from the roof down. The upside was the food was very good and the apple crumble was devine.



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Changing landscapeChanging landscape
Changing landscape

We are now encountering these flat hills.


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb