A big hi to all. Love to Family - Happy Birthday Sarah


Advertisement
Published: June 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nice pair of bookendsNice pair of bookendsNice pair of bookends

Lunch at Lake Cullulleraine
We finally left a bit after 11 o’clock Tuesday and drove through to Ouyen. Stopped for tea and then couldn’t be bothered driving any further, so stayed at the local caravan park. Unfortunately too close to the road and the trucks only stopped between 2.30am & 4am. Not much sleep.
Had a look around Mildura on Wednesday - only one paddle steamer was around, and it was closed up. Crossed the border into NSW - just to say we had been there. Stopped at Lake Cullulleraine for lunch - very pretty, will remember it for next time. Was searched at the Quarantine Station for fruit & veg & got the all clear. Restocked with fruit & veg at Renmark. Drove through to a little campground at Burra Creek Gorge. We turned at the first driveway and found a cute little area and set up. It was lovely all by ourselves with our own toilet & best of all it was free!
Thursday - drove to Rawnsley Park and set up. We then got the “can’t be bothered’s” and did washing and hung it out on a string line between trees and sat down for a 3.30pm lunch and washing the arriving
1st Walk in Flinders Ranges1st Walk in Flinders Ranges1st Walk in Flinders Ranges

Arkaroo Rock Carvings - walk on way
traffic & sunset. It was beautiful. We watched a camper trailer set up and it took them 1hr 10mins! We are so glad we bought the Ultimate.
Friday - Met another family doing the same trip as us - they are from NSW. Except they have got 6 months for their trip! Set off to Arkaroo Rock Carvings (1hr return walk). Kids started taking their own photos, together with arguments over who got to hold the camera & who got to take the next photo. Drove into Wilpena and saw the Solar Power Station on the way. Had lunch at Wilpena and set off about 12.30pm to see the Pound. It was impressive, but also tiring. Got to the highest lookout at Wangarra - and Kate was limping (sympathy votes) and got a shoulder ride from Rod halfway back!!!
Back at campsite, shared a campfire with the other family (Marty, Sally & 7yr Tahlia) and had tea together. Happy Birthday Sarah!
Saturday - Kate was up early to go to the toilet, so I muscled her along to have a shower. Got there and realized as Kate was under the water and I was naked, that we forgot our towels!
Wilpena Solar StationWilpena Solar StationWilpena Solar Station

At the Solar Power Station
Quickly dressed and ran back for the towels. I showered and Kate was still going (so much for a drought!). Alex is still in bed while Kate and I are doing our blogs, Rod is having his cuppa and thinking about packing up.
Changed direction - going through Flinders Ranges to Leigh Creek and then on to Coober Pedy, up to Oonadatta and follow the Old Ghan line to Chambers Pillar.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Rawnsey Park CampsiteRawnsey Park Campsite
Rawnsey Park Campsite

Campsite with great views
Hill HomesteadHill Homestead
Hill Homestead

Rod, Gill & Alex at Hill Homestead - Wilpena Pound
Statue - Wangarra LookoutStatue - Wangarra Lookout
Statue - Wangarra Lookout

The way to the lookout - Wilpena Pound


Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb