Eyre Peninsula


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Eyre Peninsula
October 10th 2012
Published: November 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we rolled into Ceduna. Smuggling Fred in was a piece of cake. We looked around a bit. Things were booked out cause they were having the Ceduna Oyster festival that weekend (yuck). Instead we went to Streaky Bay.



We went for a big four wheel drive. We went to the top of a cliff and saw some seals. The wind was soooo strong it nearly blew us off the cliff. We were all delirious. We were yelling our lungs out at the top. We were telling the seals to take cover. We saw heaps of beautiful beaches but the weather was so bad we couldn’t stay long at any place.



Mum and dad went crazy over the oysters. They bought a knife to open them. Dad learnt how to shuck them. Now he thinks he is soo cool. Oh hoot hoot!



Next we drove to Port Lincoln. The weather was still so bad. It was the coldest place we have been so far. Port Lincoln is a massive Tuna town. I could have swum with the tuna but I chose a day out with James and mum instead. We dropped dad off at the national park (so he could do one of his crazy all day bush walk things) and James and I got our hair cut at the Barbers. James is so good now at getting his haircut. In fact he loves it so much that when someone gets out of the chair he jumps back in. The lovely people said that he could hang out there with them all the time. If we lived there he could do his work experience there (Ha ha). Next James mum and I had McDonalds. Mum took James to the toilet and couldn’t lock the door properly. A lady opened it while they were in there. Mum was so embarrassed. (I wonder why?)



Then we went to the movies. WE saw Diary of a whimpy Kid 3. It was soooo funny. WE all laughed our guttses out. WE had a great date.



Coffin Bay was awesome. The beaches at the national Park are beautiful. We went for lunch and met the inventor of the Oyster Shucker. He was on the New Inventors. His invention won the night. Dad bought 2 of them. One for us and One for John Movie. The inventor was a real character.



Tumby Bay was our next stop. It was the best place on the Eyre Peninsula. It is such as cute old town. The bay it so beautiful. The weather was a lot better. James, Mum and I went on a horse and kart ride. The man took us all through the town and told us lots of information about it. While we were there mum saw a farm for sale. WE drove out and had a look. It backed onto the beach and had olive trees, sheep and horses on it. It was really cheap but they still will need to win lotto to buy it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



4th November 2012
and these

SEAFOOD YUM
Hey Billy I am sooooo jealous of your mum and dad getting to eat all those oysters and crabs!! Yum! When are you guys going to be back? We miss you. Don't you dare buy a farm somewhere else! I guess we could always visit though. Did we tell you that we saw lots of crocodiles in Cairns - I really don't like them. We heard some terrible stories about them taking people, so I stayed right in the middle of the boat during our croc creek tour!! I keep seeing a car like yours and think 'hey they're back'. We have also been watching a TV series called Once Upon a Time and we think the young character in the show looks just like you - except his name is Henry. Glad to hear that you and James are showing Australia what it's like to be alive. Can't wait to see you guys again. Adios!!
4th November 2012
and these

hi Ashlen
Great to hear from you. Cairns sounds great. We haven't been there yet. We won't make it this trip. You will have to tell me all about it when we get back. We will be back about the 12 December. In time for the fat man to find us. Can't wait to see you soon. B

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb