The Eyre Peninsular - Elliston and Venus Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Eyre Peninsula » Elliston
March 24th 2012
Published: April 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Elliston Sat 24 Mar - just a short drive today - 101klms - The Elliston caravan park is a lovely little caravan park (owner manager - when ever the owner is the manager we have found the park is run very well and this was no exception). We had planned to only stay over night but it was so nice we stayed an extra day. Did the Little Bay Cliff Top Drive and saw some amazing scenery over the cliff's and ocean. The next day we went for the Anxious Bay Clifftop drive and again saw some more amazing scenery. Again it was hard to just add a few photos of these drives (sorry there is so many but it was all just so beautiful). We were watching some surfers out in the ocean and then realised they had to climb up and down a huge cliff to get out to the waves - they certainly are dedicated to go to this much trouble to surf.

Venus Bay Sun 26 Mar - on leaving Elliston we called into Venus Bay for morning tea and checked out the round jetty and loved the pelicans sitting on the lamp posts. I just love pelicans - they make great photo subjects. When we were walking down the jetty, John spoke to a chap with his painting overalls on, a fishing shirt over the top and a fishing line in his hand and he said "I was painting that house on the hill and I saw the the water looked perfect for fishing so I headed down to check it out" - work should never come in the way of a perfect day for fishing!!!!!

After we arrived home we heard the sad news of a couple of young lads coming to grief at this beautiful place on Good Friday - RIP


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb