day 64 30.9.2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Ceduna
October 3rd 2008
Published: October 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

When we started off today we were travelling into a heavy North eastern wind didn’t get out of 4th gear all day. Had 2 fuel stops 1 at Caiguna at 193.3 c/l and the other at Madura pas hotel motel which was 200c/l.

Total distance today was about 460k’s. We stopped at Jillah Rockhole free stop which we parked in the back amongst trees. There was someone else there when we arrived so by late afternoon there was about 10 other van or backpackers. It rained in the afternoon and then when it stopped a wind came up and so everything got dusty.

We had to cook up the remaining veggies as we were informed that at the border there was an inspection for fruit and veggies. So Warwick put the generator on and then went for a walk to put rubbish in the bin, when he got back the generator had started to bury itself in the ground and started to shut down we think that there is a problem unable to start it up so he will check when the weather gets better. For dinner we had a roast dinner. So far along the Eyre hwy and at most of the free stops there is a lot of rubbish not being cleaned up.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1141s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb