Bit of Deja Vu, remember the Sorry Post?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
January 1st 2011
Published: January 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Windy, cold and the threat of rain, that's what faced us as we rolled into town, if it wasn't for the Kirkbrights we would have passed straight on by. A very quick summary of Esperance. We found a good sheltered caravan park with rainwater for drinking, set up and had dinner with the Kirkbrights, kids were wrapped and stuffed. Next day was sunny and beautiful so we did a tour of the amazing coastline they have here, had a swim and some lunch, did some internet stuff at Maccas and shopping then chilled at the camp for the afternoon. A morning sand duning the following day, lots of fun but lots of sand in the eyes before dinner and final goodbyes with the Kirkbrights, it was sad to say goodbye, they are good people and we'll miss them dearly.
Our 2nd stage of Esperance was three nights including Christmas at Cape Arid. This place is beautiful and is just how it sounds, arid. We managed to get ourselves a fairly good site, private and reasonably sheltered from the incessant wind that is driving us crazy. Zali learnt to ride without training wheels on the nice flat, wide and hard beach, it was a triumphant afternoon on Christmas Eve.

Finally Christmas, the kids are nearly bursting with the pile of pressies we've managed to compile, in truth not a whole lot with one really good thing each, a sega hand held game for Lachlan and a learning laptop for Zali. Exciting for me was the lunch we managed, turkey, ham, cranberry sauce, potato salad (lemon myrtle mayo') and a Ceaser salad. For desert some crème caramel, custard and chocolate pudding. We managed to over eat and have a great day, we squeezed in a walk to Dolphin Cove after breakfast to work up an appetite and on Christmas Day must have been one of the few families in Australia to have our own private beach, and a very nice beach it was.


Advertisement



17th January 2011

Wish it was me??
Hey to all. I have finally sat down and starting reading some of this travel trivia and its just not on...You have no consideration for the rest of us trapped in our meager, unexciting, boring, uniteresting, sad little lives....oh wait ...no thats just me! You lucky #%$^&(**& people you... Missing you all and loving your stories, hope all is well with everyone and I am still missing your smiling faces, continue to have the most exciting adventure of your lives....All the best.Judy

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb