Adelaide - Oz comes to an end


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
May 24th 2007
Published: May 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Armed and DangerousArmed and DangerousArmed and Dangerous

Me with my 45mm glock
We have been in Adelaide for over a week now, it is a quiet city. It has everything you need and more, it would probably be a great place to live but after being to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne it seems like a quiet city. We are staying at 'My Place' hostel, its small but nice. We can walk into the city centre in about 10-15 minutes which is great. Me, James and Katie went to a shooting range, where we got to fire four weapons; .357 magnum revolver, .44 magnum revolver, 9mm semi-automatic pistol (glock), and a 45mm semi-automatic pistol (glock). It was really fun but I was shaking like a leaf, i dont know why but after a couple of shots my hands wouldnt stay still! I think it is the kick-back, and the noise - the magnums were really loud. We added up our totals afterwards we all scored the same with the 1st gun, I won with the 2nd gun, Katie won with the 3rd, and James won with the 4th gun. But when we added the scores up overall Katie won.

Sarah lived in Adelaide for a year when she was 6 years old, so we went with her to see her flat that she used to live in and we saw the beach too, unfortunately it rained on us that day. After the beach we went to look around the Marion shopping centre. We got friendly with some people at the hostel and we all went out for a roast on Sunday which was nice.

We also went to Hahndorf one day which is a German village, about 30 mins outside of the city. Glen a guy we met at the hostel came with us too. There were loads of sweet shops, cafe's, and gift shops. It rained most of the day that day as well unfortunately. We have not been very lucky with the weather since we have been here but saying that it is lovely and sunny today - our last day here.

Last night was our last proper night in Australia so we went out for dinner (the 4 of us and Glen). Then we tried to go to a few bars but some of them were closed by 10pm - thats how quiet it is in Adelaid! But we did eventually find a bar to have a drink, then we moved on to a pool hall that is open until late, so we had a few games of pool.

This is my last blog from Australia, as we leave in the early hours of the morning tomorrow to go to New Zealand, and James heads for LA before heading home. We have been planning our trip to Australia for so long it seems strange to think our travels here are over, its quite sad but at the same time i am excited about going to cold New Zealand!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Sarah's beachSarah's beach
Sarah's beach

The beach near where sarah used to live when she was little
Adelaide at nightAdelaide at night
Adelaide at night

The streets are empty!
Riding on the pigRiding on the pig
Riding on the pig

In the city centre of Adelaide they spent $75,000 on 4 statue pigs


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb