'Roo Thai and Mango Crock


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
August 23rd 2004
Published: August 23rd 2004
Edit Blog Post

were our dinner in Adelade, but i get ahead of myself....
After the Blue Mountains Rachel, Brendan and I headed into Sydneyto have drinks and dinner with my friend Beng, his girlfriend and his brother Vincent. (Beng is an Aussie who i met in Copenhagen last summer, and the 2 of us spent several days exploring.) At first i was concerned that the whole thing would be awkward. No worries, it turns out. We started immedately drinking, an activity enjoyed by all! Everyone got along, we were all quite animated and ejoying ourselves. Dinner was Pizza (for everyone but Rachel, and her pasta was the best thing we got) and 2 liters of house white wine. It was the worst wine i have had in australia, but we drank all of it. From dinner, we headed to a lounge called the Brooklyn, for more socializing, wine and merryiment. It was a really fun night, though i wish i could have had some time to hang out and catchup with Beng.
We woke up about 4 hours later to catch our flight to Adelade. Brendan, the absolute sweetie that he is drove us to the airport. This was the 2nd time he had driven Rachel to the airport before dawn. Thanks to him for the good time in Sydney!
So we flew to Adelade. Got settled in the Hostel. While Rachel napped, i tried to go to the museum, but it was closed (Damn Sundays!) So i wandered a bit and picked up Rachel. Adelade isn;t the most exciting city in Aus, but the sunday thing didn't help at all. We found a bunch f open stores and i bought the new John Butler Trio CD, i cant wait to see him perform in NYC in Sept... does anyone want to join me? From there we found a free photo exhibit of up comming Australian photographers, which i really enjoyed.
For dinner we headed to a strip of ethnic resturants and settled on and indonesian and thai place. Rachel got Pad Thai made with Kangaroo (as she says, cute and delicious) and i got a mango, snow pea and bamboo dish with crockadile. quite tasty... the best meal i have had in Aus yet.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb