Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Glenelg
May 25th 2013
Published: May 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Spent the last five days discovering Adelaide. I am staying in Glenelg which is a suburb of Adelaide with a couple Hans and Gerda who came originally from Switzerland but have lived in Australia for about thirty years. Explored the city by catching the local tram, very easy from where I am staying. Adelaide is not a huge city and is very easy to get around. Some of the Victorian architecture has been preserved and adds to the charm of a green tree filled city. I visited Adelaide Arcade which is a beautifully preserved Victorian shopping arcade complete with original tiled floor. Also visited the Tandanya Aboriginal art gallery which was interesting. Walked along the beach to Glenelg town and in the opposite direction to a place called Seacliff. Today Gerda took me to Halletts Cove where we saw some really unusual rock formations and had a nice walk along the cliffs. From here we went up into the hills beyond the city to sample a bit of bush culture and have lunch at Mt Lofty. Also enjoyed spending time with Gerda's granddaughter Paloma what a little poppet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



25th May 2013

Please respond
Pam, are you getting my e-mails?
13th June 2013

Hope you are all ok

Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1936s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb