Adelaide!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide » Glenelg
January 18th 2011
Published: January 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived into Adelaide at 7:30am. After getting our bags we found the skybus which would take us into the city. We were told to make sure that our train was going the next day due to the Victoria floods. So we ran inside and checked and the train would be running as far as they knew. The rail tracks are elevated above the water at the moment. So we headed into the city and Catriona and I were already booked into the same hostel so that was awesome. We put our bags in storage as the room wasn't ready yet and along with another girl from the train who was also staying at the YHA we walked into town. Adelaide is a really pretty city. The tallest building is 34 stories. There are no skyscrapers here. It's a big city but very quiet. We headed over to the Central Markets for breakfast.

Breakfast was really good and we walked around the markets looking at all the yummy food. We found a stall selling real canadian maple syrup that even had the Canada flag on it. So I knew I had to get a picture with it haha. We decided to buy some cheese and turkish bread and roasted capsicum and eggplant for our lunch. YUM! We sat in the park just chatting away for a bit and then decided to head back to the hostel hoping we could check in so we could finally have a shower.

After having a shower and eating our yummy lunch we hopped on the tram out to Glenelg which is the beach area of Adelaide. I'm so glad we went out there. It's stunning! We had a perfectly sunny day. We walked out on the pier to take some pictures and then sat on the beach with an ice cream. We put our feet in the water but it was pretty cold. There was a pub close to the beach so we headed there for a drink. As we were ordering our drinks I could hear one of the bartenders and he sounded so Canadian so I started talking to him and it turns out he's from Tisdale, Saskatchewan haha. He was shocked I knew of the place.

After our drink it was time for some dinner. There was a cute restaurant across from the pub so we popped into there. A glass of wine and some chicken and Avocado gnocchi for dinner and I was the happiest girl in the world. The sun was setting so we got a few last pictures before heading back as we had another early morning for our train to Melbourne. I really liked Adelaide but a very quiet city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 16; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb