Adelaide Hills - Mount Lofty


Advertisement
Published: May 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=uxMJSD4bqAI]Mount Lofty which is the highest peak in the Mount Lofty ranges is a popular tourist destination among local and international tourists. These mountains provide the much needed respite to the citizens of Adelaide during hot summers.

Mount Lofty was first climbed by a European named Collet Barker in the year 1831 even before the city of Adelaide came into existence. The summit is around 710 meters above sea level and is around 20 minute drive from Adelaide.

The view of the Adelaide city from the peak of the Mount Lofty is truly amazing and breathtaking. Not only Adelaide can be seen, other surroundings can also be seen easily during clear skies. On clear days people on the peak can see as far as Kangaroo Island.

The authorities in South Australia knows the tourist potential Mount Lofty has and therefore they have made all the arrangements to promote tourism and assist all tourists regarding any information they wish to enquire about the Mount Lofty and Lofty ranges.

All information regarding the peak, merchandize, local arts and handicrafts can be easily availed from licensed shops at the submit. Apart from shopping tourist can also relax and enjoy at cafes or restaurants and at the same time enjoy the scenic views from the summit.

Another exciting tourist attraction just below the summit is the world renowned Cleland Wildlife Park. The park is a delight for nature lovers as they can see and photograph Kangaroos hooping or the Emu bird strolling around the park. Cleland Park is also home to Koala bears which are known for their cute and innocent looks.

The famous waterfall gully is also within the Cleland Wildlife Park where tourists come to enjoy the magnificent waterfalls as well as the Australia’s iconic wildlife animals.





Although the government has promoted tourism in Adelaide Hills , yet it has not compromised on environmental issues. The government is aware that large influx of tourists could affect the ecology of the place and therefore all necessary precautions have been taken by the government for promoting clean tourism. It is not only the duty of the Australian government but of all tourists to avoid polluting the environment and promote and participate in clean and green tourism.

Tourists can avail tour packages to Mount Lofty and Cleland Wildlife Park from reputed tour operators and should enjoy the beautiful views from the summit and wildlife just below it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb