Queensland - Undoubtedly The Jewel in Australia's Tourism Crown


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 17th 2012
Published: July 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Queensland summer seasons are usually sizzling and humid. The winters are certainly more agreeable and therefore may be the best time to go there. Queensland is undoubtedly the premier tourist destination in Australia. Here's some must do's.

The Great Barrier Reef: The Great Barrier Reef is perhaps Queenslands most famous selling point. There's a tremendous marine life within the reef with an estimated 2,000 kinds of fish and 600 species of coral polyps as well as the bird life as well. The incredible colorings of the fish and coral reefs make The Great Barrier Reef a must do for scuba divers from all over the globe.

One of the least complicated ways to access the reef is from either the cities of Cairns and Townsville. In addition there are many island resorts. A few of the islands on the Great Barrier Reef are Daydream Island, Green Island, Hayman Island, Long Island and Orpheus Island.

Cairns: Cairns is a small tropical township in the far north of Queensland found between mountains and the sea. Its the primary entrance to Northern Australia. Cairns is 1,809 kilometres (approximately 1,100 miles) from Brisbane which gives you an understanding of precisely how big Australia is. Reef island destinations such as Green and Fitzroy Islands are only a short trip away. Most of the tourism is concentrated about the Great Barrier Reef and aquatic sports yet there is also a Casino and world class spa's as well.

Daintree Rainforest:Roughly 80 km (50 miles) north of Cairns will begin the most ancient untouched portion of rainforest australia wide. This kind of thick, tropical plant life of the World Heritage listed Wet Tropic rain forests is really a living monument towards the historic rain forests that once covered all of Australia. Cape Tribulation is an area north of the Daintree River, which is the finish of the sealed road. A Daintree Ferry enables access into the Daintree area. This can be accessible by standard automobiles apart from during the monsoon season. Bus services also visit this region. Many rental car firms require 4wd vehicles. Cape Tribulation is one area where the rainforest runs right down to the water. It is an incredibly beautiful location with incredible beach locations. The rainforests in the area are now safeguarded by World Heritage Laws. Interesting attractions inlcude rainforest & bush hikes, Cape Tribulation Beach and the Coconut Beach & Resort.

Persons come here from all over Australia plus the planet to vacation under the sun and surf. Similar to Florida, the Gold Coast appeals to thousands of golden-agers. The nice and cozy winter climate helps make this suitable for older people who hate the southern winter months. However, don't be misled by this, as there is a great deal to do for the young crowd. Night clubs, restaurants and pubs are around every corner and outdoor things to do like surfing are perfect when visiting the Gold Coast.

Some of the primary points of interest include Warner Brothers Movie World, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and Wet'n'Wild which help make the Gold Coast the ideal holiday spot for young families. Currumbin Sanctuary is 15 miles to the south of Surfer's Paradise where you can give food to and pat many of the local Australian animals such as vibrantly coloured lorikeets (parrots), kangaroos and also wallabies. At nighttime you might try your good luck in the Jupiter's Casino or simply take it easy at one of the numerous places to eat.The easiest method to get to the Gold Coast could be to take a flight in to Coolangatta Airport. Driving a vehicle is possible however it's a lengthy drive from other metropolitan areas such as Sydney. It's also possible to fly in to Brisbane international airport and commute from there. Jetstar has several daily services to the Gold Coast as well as Brisbane.

The Sunshine Coast: Queensland's Sunshine Coast is positioned to the north of Brisbane and is composed of many vacation resort towns. It runs for 20 miles along the coastline and it's a variety of gorgeous beaches and rugged headlands. The Sunshine Coastline is not as busy as the Gold Coast and therefore the way of life is much more calm. The main township within the Sunshine Coast is Noosa. Noosa features a wonderful collection of stylish dining establishments plus exclusive boutiques. It is a relatively stylish resort. Other towns in the region include Tewantin, Maroochydore along with Sunshine Beach.

Inland from the resort lie the Glasshouse Mountain range. These mountain tops surge dramatically from the Qld Hinterland to around 1,700 feet. These are 10 volcanic cones which were formed 10 million years back. Nowadays, they offer a challenge for mountain climbers along with a terrific experience for holidaymakers.

Brisbane: The largest city is Brisbane and that is a well-known location to live for many Aussies as a result of welcoming local weather. Brisbane is actually the third biggest urban center australia wide which has a population of somewhere around 1.7 million people. Brisbane ended up being established as a penal community as soon as Sydney required an additional settlement with regard to it's prisoners. Key places throughout Brisbane are often historical in nature. Examples are City Hall, Old Govt House, Anzac Square and St. Marks Church. For a more detailed look at the local attractions you might want to consider the Botanic Gardens along with the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. Of course, like many of Australia's cities, Brisbane is actually a center for wonderful wining and cusine.

The obvious way to go to Brisbane would be to fly. Domestic carriers such as Virgin and Jetstar fly to Brisbane every day. You'll be able to drive from other capital cities however it's some distance.

Fraser Island:One of the most extraordinary sand islands on the planet, Fraser Island, will not be found in the exotic tropics - rather inside South-East Queensland. Fraser Island is classed as the world's largest sand island - around an incredible 184,500 hectares and stretching out over 120km offshore on the Fraser Coast.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.232s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb