Ilfracombe to Winton


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Winton
June 14th 2013
Published: June 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we ticked another item off the bucket list, a visit to the Stockmans Hall of Fame un Longreach is a fantastic display of the life of a stockman, and the live show was a great look at the relationship between a stockman, his horse and his working dog. A must see for every Australian.

Then hit the road to Winton, even though today's journey was only a relatively small drive, there is a lot of nothing out there. With little rain during the wet season, this part of Australia is well & truly feeling the effects, the sight if dead cattle along the roadside is a reminder of our harsh this country can be.

Arrived mid arvo, $20 per head - 3 course meal tonight, sounds good, book us in. This was a treat, soup, roast & apple pie, and to top it all of, an hour of being entertained by a bush poet, who was very funny.

It's now time to grab beer, get the map books and put together some sort of plan, a must sees along the way is walkabout creek, Crocodile Dundee country. Hopefully for lunch tomorrow.

Advertisement



24th June 2013

Hi McLeans!!
Sounds like you guys are having a blast. I had to google where you were up to - you have made good progress, so far away!! Stay safe, have fun and a beer a day keeps the doctor away. Loving the blog entries :) xx

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb