Airlie Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
June 20th 2011
Published: June 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Airlie to Townsville


We are staying at Bluewater Creek just north of Townsville tonight after three nights at Airlie Beach.

Airlie was pretty good. On the first whole day we had there we wandered around the main strip & found a nice little pool & playground area for the kids & Dad’s to swim in while the Mum’s were shopping & deciding what to do over the next few days.

The next day Phil & I hired a boat to try our luck. I got a few (a Silver Perch, a Bronze Whaler & a Sucker Fish (in search of a better name – the type that stick themselves to the bottom of other bigger fish)). Overall we were pretty disappointed not to pull up some Spanish Mackerel or a Trevally of some type, although we did get some action on the mud flats toward the end of the day for no keepers.

On Sunday the Mum’s went on a cruise around the islands that included Whitehaven Beach & some snorkelling. They were both pretty pumped about it all & had a great time. They even had their feet licked by a massive monitor! I spent the day up at Cedar Creek Falls & then relaxed with the two ratbags back at the park using the pool, play equipment & a game of cricket.

Today we had a nice relaxed pack up & headed off shortly after 9am for our journey north. We stopped in at Bowen & checked out the awesome beaches on the way to Townsville. We’ll hang around here a couple of days & then head through some National Parks.

Advertisement



20th June 2011

how good is airlie!
sick of packing and unpacking yet?? definitely the downside of travelling! Very jealous mate i loved airlie, nothin better than gettin out on the whitsundays, the snorkelling is amazing the girls woulda loved it im sure! and dont worry me and How goods the lagoon to have a paddle during a hard day shopping!
21st June 2011

Airlie
...me and Simon were the only ones on our 3 hour Charter not to catch a fish!! so know how u feel, u cant be doin worse than us!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb