Entry 10 - Townsville


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Townsville
May 29th 2011
Published: May 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Gun positionGun positionGun position

This was for a rotating gun in the 2nd world war.
We arrived in Townsville, late on Tuesday night (24th May). We were planning to camp the night but the accommodation was full so we kept driving to Mel and Ersin’s house. We hadn’t had dinner yet so we were starving. Mel’s sister and family were also there. We went down to the Strand in the morning and found a flying fox. Ash and I did a double wammie (two of us together). Mum, Dad and Mel also had a go – so we helped push them. We saw our first red-tailed black cockatoo eating palm nuts high in a tree.

One day we took the ferry to Magnetic island. Mel works for the ferry company Fantasea so we got on for free. We went for a walk to the old Australian army forts and saw a koala along the way. Ersin took us to his table tennis club. It was really fun. We went out for Thai for an early celebration of Mum’s birthday. Mum didn’t know we were going cause we said we were going to drive up Castle Hill look at the Townsville lights.

We found a great skate park near Riverways which is a massive public
Looking for koalaLooking for koalaLooking for koala

walking on Magnetic Island
water park beside the Ross River.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Aboard the Fantasea ferryAboard the Fantasea ferry
Aboard the Fantasea ferry

That's us with Mel.


2nd June 2011

hello from year 5
We went to Canberra and it was fun.Tyra. We went on the 23rd and came home on the 27th. we never got bored because there was always something to do.Milliue Questacon was really fun and I went on the free fall.Maddi Everyone was exhausted and tired but it was still really good fun. Zoe We went to Questacon and I went on the free fall twice. I bought a plasma ball. Will Winter sports day is coming up. Trilby We can chose from netball, soccer, T-ball and football. i am going to play netball.Tahlia. When we went to Parliament House Julia Gillard waved to us and we learnt so much. Britney McL I hope you have a really great time. Hope you did well on NAPLAN.Jack We've been playing soccer and we went to a gala day.James Questacon was really fun and I wish you were there to go on the free fall. track Attack was really great too. Alex. We went to Questacon and we did the free fall and there was a robot and you could tell it what to do. I pressed be like a chicken and it flapped its wings and made a brark, brark sound.Damon Are you having fun in Townsville? Breanna. The weather has been good down here, no snow at the moment.Freya. We had a wonderful time at Parliament House and it was windy on the roof. Jacara Electives are starting today. The options were textiles, soccer, balsa wood models, yoga, masterchef. Holly. Questacon was really fun because we got to go on the freefall 34 times.Cassie. Hi Jarrah, Hope you are having a really good time. I heard Canberra was really fun.Brit McD Track attack was awesome. It was like a roller coaster ride. Jerrica. As you can see, Questacon was a very popular place to visit during our Canberra camp. We are busy doing lots of testing for the reports. I'll bet you are glad you are soaking up the sun and seeing all those wonderful sights instead. Keep safe and have more fun with your family. Bye for now. keep sending the blogs. We'll try to send a message back more quickly next time. Wendy.

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb