Slow trip to Toowoomba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Toowoomba
January 15th 2014
Published: January 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sorry to our loyal blog viewers.



I have been very slack adding further blogs as retirement has been very hectic to say the least. Once we got to Alstonville it was almost Xmas and we spent a week just getting around and visiting all my family that we haven't seen for some time.



Once Xmas was over, we moved the van to Mullumbimby where my sister lives and spent another week doing some renovations on her house. I.e. We enclosed her back patio/sun deck with glass louvers, a large glass window and a glass panelled door plus a set of stairs so she had easy access to the garden/tool shed. It all looks fantastic and it will be a great spot to spend the cold winter mornings as it has a North East aspect. All the louvers, windows and the door also open up to allow the breeze through in Summer.



With the work done, we then spent a couple of days enjoying the work with a BBQ or two and a couple of beers.



We then moved on to Toowoomba (where we have our Units) and have spent the last 2 weeks flat out moving our furniture into one (to be used as a home base for our travels) and renovating the other unit as we haven't spent a cent on it since we bought them 12 years ago. We will most probably spend another week finishing off the painting and a few days just putting our feet up for a hard earned break to admire our work and then hopefully we can start looking at doing some more serious travel.

Stay tuned for the next update.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb