Toowoomba


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Toowoomba
July 16th 2011
Published: July 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 16th July
Woke up this morning to rain, it had lightly rained all night and the hard ground around the caravan had turned into a mud patch. Very messy packing up but headed off to Toowoomba. "Ken" our navigator took us right through the middle of a very busy town centre of Toowoomba but we found the Top Tourist Caravan Park and booked in for a week. ($167.40 for a week with TT disc). The park looks very nice and neat and right on a main road into town.
Sunday 17th July
Went for a walk up the road and found nearly any food outlets you could wish for with in walking distance as well as a large shopping centre (K Mart) and even an Aldi store.
There is a lovey creek and park at the rear of the caravan park with excercise equipment along the pathway - we should be very fit by the time we leave here if we make sure we use the equipment.
Monday 18th July.
Geoff turned "40" today - we had a nice chat with him.
Visited some tourist places today - was very impressed with Picnic Point with the magnificent views over the Lockyer Valley - and the very old pine trees at the park.
Amazed at the 150ft flag pole (45.72mtrs) with the Australian flag (12mtrs x 6mtrs) which was erected to celebrate Queenslands 150 yr celebration in 2009.
Followed the tourist drive and checked out the Waterbird Habitat with lots of ducks. Did a drive around some of the beautiful homes over looking the Lockyer Valley, just amazing. There seems to be a lot of money around Toowoomba if the quality of homes are anything to go on.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb