Our time on the Sunshine Coast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Sunshine Coast
March 3rd 2014
Published: March 18th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Having lived on the Sunshine Coast for many years we did not set out to do all the things that holidaymakers would normally do when visiting this incredibly beautiful part of the world. Just some of the things we did get up to besides spending lots of time with family and friends were :-

Celebrated Australia Day twice, that being on the Sunday and Monday.

Celebrated my birthday, both lunch and dinner.

Played 10 pin bowls which we had not done for quite a few years.

Plenty of shopping we had lots of things we so needed to buy. One of my best purchases was a Manfrotto tripod that I scored at a 40% discount – very happy with that.

Enjoyed the natural beauty of the Noosa River and Noosa’s beaches and parks.

Enjoyed some delicious mouth watering meals at various eateries.

Checked out a pretty new concept in ice creameries at Nitrogenie in Hastings Street.

Both Liz and I had skin cancers removed, mine was in the middle of my back and had probably begun life when I was a whipper snapper getting sunburnt every summer – back in the day we did not know any better.

Was fortunate enough to be able to play 2 gigs with Uncle Bob’s Jug Band – I play a mean bush bass. Now a bush bass is a tea chest with one elastic cord that is attached at one end to a broom handle and at the other end to the chest, different notes are obtained by tightening or loosening the cord.

We spent lots of time relaxing and I spent a heap of time getting this travel blog up and running.

I’ll just let the pictures tell the story of our time on the Sunshine Coast – a huge thank you to everyone for making our time there well worth the 7000 kilometre trip.



Take care travel safe and remember it's nice to be important but it's important to be nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



19th March 2014

Great
Fantastic effort Bern. A picture speaks a thousand words.
19th March 2014

Thanks
Thanks Mads and thanks for putting up with us - that is a nice one of Tyler.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb