Making a Mile


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » St Lawrence
May 9th 2010
Published: May 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 30
Today wasn’t much of a very exciting day… we woke up early to notice that they had the markets already set up at 6:00 am! So we took a nice walk around after we packed up camp and then headed out to find our next camp site, which would be closer to the Whitsundays which would be our next big stop. We drove for about 500 km’s which is an extremely long drive with 5 ppl and all our stuff in our little pajero. Finally we arrived at St. Lawerence at around 9 pm, set up camp and had dinner and then off to bed we went!


Day 31
Today we woke up early once again, to find out that we had to moved our tents right away considering we were set up in a none camping area, we arrived when it was dark and didn’t see the signs. Our bad, so we just ended up packing up and heading out to find our next destination, and ran into some pretty heaving rain, which ended up with us on the side of the road trying to get a tarp over top of our packs so that they wouldn’t get to wet, which it turned out was already to late. So for the night we decided to find a decently cheap hotel and spend the night there since tents aren’t the most ideal place to sleep when it is pooring outside. So we did find a decent hotel with free internet, and a swimming pool. So after a quick swim it was off to clean up and find a place to have a nice sit down supper. We found a nice little restaurant and pub called Outback Jacks, which had some excellent food! Other than Matt and Sean feeling ill later that night. After we got back to the hotel we relaxed for a bit, and then headed to bed, since the next day we were off to Airlie Beach to see what we could get for a deal on trips for the Whitsunday Islands.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0743s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb