Strange Man Breaks into Our Hostel Room


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rockhampton
July 11th 2008
Published: July 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Criterion Hotel The Criterion Hotel The Criterion Hotel

In Rockhampton

11th, 12th and 13th July 2008 - Airlie Beach to Rockhampton



I'm just going to gloss over the next few days as I am a bit behind with the blog and nothing amazing happended over these days. The only bit of excitement we had was when a man came into our dorm at 1.30am, used the toilet, switched the main light on, and then walked out, we followed him down the corridor and asked him what the hell he was doing as our door had been locked, he just walked away yelling obsenities. He hadnt stolen anything, we think he was just looking for a free bed for the night!

On the 12th July we decided to get the night bus to Rockhampton to save on accomodation. Don't think we'll be doing this again as the bus was supposed to leave at midnight but didnt show up until after 1am. There were thirty backpackers huddled under one small bus stop in the pouring rain. We were so grateful when we saw the bus.

Got to Rocky at 7am. It is a strange place, most famous for its steak and has the highest population of cattle in Queensland. It was just a bit of a ghost town with very wide roads and lots of cheap shops. We went to a lovely haunted hotel for our steak dinner after watching a really good rock band at the pub beneath our hostel. Luckily we are only here for one night as we are getting picked up tomorrow for our Myella Farm Stay!

Lucy x



Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb