Rockvegas and a Roadtrip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Rockhampton
January 15th 2007
Published: March 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone well im back with the blogs again this time from picture perfect Australia! I arrived in Rockhampton,Queensland on the 30th Dec to do some catching up with my partner in crime, Miss Bridie Kennedy , i spent the first week adjusting my pasty english body to the hot australian sun, getting eaten alive by mosquitos and mildly terrorised by the odd insect that always seems to find its way into my bed! And the rest of the time getting to know the family and seeing what Rocky has to offer! Bridie and i slept in her own private pad formerly known as the garden shed located in the garden (because her sister stole her bedroom), which might i add was awesome, i even got my own double bed! So anyway i was shown the sights aand treated like one of the family! Bridie and i took a trip to Great Keppel island which is a beautiflu bay with no cars, just a hotel and some bars with a live acoustic band providing the perfet sunbathing soundtrack to lay back and enjoy the view of the sparking water! it really does sparkle!!

After a few weeks with Bridie i caught a flight to Brisbane to meet Jes,Maddy and Mandy in Mooloolaba where we stayed for a few days at Mandys house. We took a trip to Noosa and checked out the beautiful views,beaches and lots and lots of beautiful people!(im lovin australia but all the pretty girls are really starting to bother me) . The next day was spent nursing the damage done the night before from a home made punch and far to many yager bombs, which meant passing out in front of the fans and trying not to melt , moololaba is HOT! we spent the rest of the time doing some sunbathing and making sandcastles on the beach! a fantastic time was had by all and seeing as we hadnt seen eachother since a teary goodbye in NYC in september it was even better
On the monday we waved goodbye to Mandy and started our little roadtrip back to Orange in New South Wales where Maddy and Jes live, stopping on the way at Jes' brothers house in Brisbane where we were taken out for thai and i got to sleep under one of those big nets, felt like princess eventhough there only to keep the mossies out, id never slept under one before,so it was quite exciting. small things please small minds! The next stop was to pick up Jes' younger brother Jacob and then onto byron where we hit the beach and went camping for the night in Yamba! now im no expert with tents but when maddy was telling me that our tent looked just like the one next to us i became i litlle bit doubtfull seeing as the canvas infront of us was half the size, but we put the tent up in 5mins might i add and sure enough it was smaller, about 2 people smaller! so after a very cosy night squished together we left Yamba and headed for newcastle to make a stop off at Jes and Maddys freinds house for the night and to have a quick nose at the uni maddy is going to.
The last part of the trip was through the blue mountains but unfortuanly it was really cloudy and stormy so i dont have any pictures, and then through Bathurst until finally we reached Orange.
so that was the roadtrip, only a week or so long but still full of adventure!



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

The GarageThe Garage
The Garage

Bridies own little pad at the bottom of the garden!
Jes and MandyJes and Mandy
Jes and Mandy

im pretty sure Mandys eyeing up that bottle of wine
A dribble castle!A dribble castle!
A dribble castle!

made by Maddy and Jes, an absolute work of art!


Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0862s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb